Thanks for the fuel additive info.

From: Fred Stueve Jr. (fredstueve@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Wed Feb 23 2000 - 21:45:49 PST

I want to thank everyone for their respective inputs on the subject of
adding lead to the fuel that my M715 burns. I had just returned from a local
small mechanic's shop who specializes in Jeeps. The mechanic said that due
to the fact that the engine was built in 1967, the engine requires leaded
fuel and since there is no more leaded fuel.....I would have to add a
additive to the tank. I had the shop time the engine as I was having
problems with pinging during acceleration. The task of timing this engine
was interesting as the timing marks are almost 100% obliterated due to
surface pitting rust. I tried to time it myself by making slight adjustments
and driving it a little. This guy got it closer than I had it and it seems
to be running better than before, but there is still pinging when
accelerating. I'm going to try the lead additive and if that works, I'll let
everyone know what the skinny is on it. Thanks again.

Fred W. Stueve Jr.
Cheyenne, Wyoming