RE: [MV] M715 fuel additive question.

From: Jim (jwinne@nettally.com)
Date: Thu Feb 24 2000 - 16:29:19 PST

Hi Fred,

I generally add a pint of marvel mystery oil to the gas when I fill her up. I never let it go below a quarter of a tank
so I guess it would eventually build up in the tank. I have found that it keeps the carbon out of the upper part of the
engine. I have not had a ping problem with my truck and it has the original 230 ohc engine. I did have to have one of
the valve seats welded as there was a hairline crack in it when I got it but since the head job she runs like a sewing
machine. The mechanic and the parts guy both recommended MMO to take care of the lead issue. I may be mistaken but
haven't had any troubles yet.

Jim 1967 M-715 Kaiser Jeep cargo truck
        1983 M-101A1 cargo trailer USMC
        MVPA #17216