CUCV Blazer Rear Window - Replies

From: F. Brian Mead (brian@hardscrabblefarm.com)
Date: Thu Feb 24 2000 - 18:59:13 PST

Howdy list,
    Wow, you guys are amazing. I've gotten 10 replies so far. Basically I got 2
replies for putting a bead of urethane adhesive in the channel, and the rest were
equally split for check local parts dealer, chevy dealer, or have a Auto Glass
company do it.
    One reply noted the glass companies have a special vise to set the glass in
the channel without damaging it. Due to this, I've ruled out just getting the
parts and trying to set the glass myself. With my luck, I'd break the glass.
Second, the nearest glass shop is up in Atlanta (at least to Jonesboro which is a
45 minute drive) which would require me to burn vacation time or at the least use
up a good bit of a Saturday. I've got little enough time between work & fencing
the yard, etc. that I've got to maximize the little time I've got.
    Therefore, I'm probably going to try the urethane adhesive route. My channel
is a bit rusted, but still very intact, so if I break the glass someday, I
probably need/use a new channel anyway. Right now I've got the window back in
with the old dryrotted tape so I can wait until I have a free weekend. (yes,
there's a little Georgia Cracker in me) =^)

Thanks to everyone for your help,
Brian Mead

    BTW, my wife borrowed the CUCV last weekend to go to a conference in
Tennessee. The woman who rode with her to the conference has now decided that she
definitely wants to get a CUCV of her own. Yes, SHE, and she's a GRANDMOTHER!
She even likes the CARC 383 green paint. Not to mention, we've already gotten
emails from other attendees who wanted to know where to find out more about CUCVs
and where to get them. We gave them some websites along with info about the MV
List.
    All I have to say is, all you guys who's wives don't like to ride/drive in
MVs, rejoice. Last weekend was the first GAMVPA meeting I was able to go to & I
had to take my wife's 1969 GMC Truck because she had my CUCV. >=^( Arrggghh a
civilian truck to my first club meeting. =^) Oh well, I guess things could be
worse... ;^)