Gensco, Koreans War era MVs, and a favor to an old body/fender man...

From: William R. Benson (Benson@eqe.com)
Date: Fri Feb 25 2000 - 12:05:59 PST

Hello all! For those wishing to politly suggest to Gensco that they upgrade
their quality assurance procedures, I have a sample letter on my website that
can be copied and used. It's not a negative letter, and I think it gets the
point across without being offensive.

I was waiting until I knew where I would be living to announce the following (If
I was going to be living up in Washington State, this wouldn't be applicable to
folks in Califorina, right?) Anyway, here goes...

I would like to start up a Korean war era USMC living history group, and I'd
like to know (again) those MV owners/operator who might be interested in
participating? It will be run out of my house in Corona, CA, which makes it
fairly accessable for L.A., Orange, San Bernadino, Riverside, and even San Diego
counties. Let me know who would be up for such activities. (And, for that
matter, the non-MV elements of my plan as well...

Also: My father in law served in the Army during World War 2. He guarded
German POWs and drove trucks in support of the Alaskan highway (the same one
featured in one of our magazines a few months ago.) He's also an old body and
fender man. He's coming down to visit from Spokane WA, and I thought it would
be fun to take him out in one of the trucks he drove way back when, and
introduce him to some of the folks who have been hammering out the dents on
MVs... (My truck won't be in a condition to drive yet...)

For any of these, feel free to contact me off-list and we can figure out a plan
of attack.

Thanks, and have a great weekend!

Bill