Bedford OYD

From: Tim Bell (tcb@hasher.demon.co.uk)
Date: Mon Feb 28 2000 - 09:44:48 PST

List

Does anyone out there have any detailed plans for the Bedford OYD 4 x 2
Truck ?

Or alternatively a good source - I had hoped to find a model club on the
web with something suitable - but so far no luck.

My Bedford OYD had the rear body converted for use as a tipper - whilst this
all still works, I fully intend to strip out all the modifications (except
the PTO unit), The remains of the rear body are very badly rusted and
suitable as a pattern only - so I have about 85 % of the required
information for refabrication - however the mountings to the body are all
wrong, as is the tail-gate and fuel tank mountings... so details of these
would be very welcome.

If there is anyone on the list with an OYD close to Milton Keynes in the UK
who would be happy to let me take some measurements and photos from their
truck - that would be of great assistance too.

I also am considering replacing the wiring loom - is there anywhere out
there
stocking repro looms for Bedfords ? Or alternatively the cloth wiring so I
can
make my own.

Cheers

Tim