Re: [MV] weight fees = BEND OVER!

From: Brandon (c322348@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Feb 28 2000 - 18:35:22 PST

I just paid a $302 weight fee for my HMMWV.......join the club! Next they'll
tell me I can't mount a live .50 on the top! (just kidding....after those
fees and the $1300 sales tax, I can't even afford a squirt gun- besides, I
don't want to start that thread again...)

In Kalifornia, you can register your deuce as a "house car" (i.e.
motorhome), bolt down a couple of army cots in the back and save on the
fees (works great for a shop van or a cargo truck with the rear canvas), but
if you get caught hauling around a load of dirt....

Brandon