Re: [MV] CARC paint

From: Glenn (dogstar918@mediaone.net)
Date: Tue Feb 29 2000 - 12:06:42 PST

Dupont Imron is also a polyurethane paint and is basically the same as mil CARC. CARC paint is flat due to the flatening agents added not grit. If the painter happened to be spraying it with the gun adjusted wrong he will get a dry application which is quite rough. If the gun is adjusted right the finish can be smooth but will still be flat. The newer 1 part polyurethane that the army has switched to recently is much more forgiving to spray.

Glenn MVPA