WWII Vehicle Radios

From: Rice, James E MAJ (James.Rice@CEN.AMEDD.ARMY.MIL)
Date: Tue Feb 29 2000 - 14:55:29 PST

Folks,

I am trying to educate myself on WWII military vehicle radios, generally
concerned with Jeep mounted radios (yes, I know most didn't ever see a
radio) and specifically concerned with a Field Artillery Forward Observer
radio set.

Is there anyplace on-line that gives some good info on radios? The Military
Commo Equipment List at: http://www.telalink.net/~badger/millist/mi.html
just doesn't go into much detail. Would especially like some PICTURES of
what the correct radio and installation looks like.

I know most of the old radios are getting extremely difficult to find.
Figured if I knew what all components I needed where, I could perhaps find
those components one by one and mount them in one of Tom Campbell's
reproduction FT-250 mounts. :) (Tom, I know I still owe you slides of the
Scout Car.)

Jim Rice