Trade A Plane

From: Rice, James E MAJ (James.Rice@CEN.AMEDD.ARMY.MIL)
Date: Wed Mar 01 2000 - 14:02:03 PST

Have you tried Trade-A-Plane? I have been out of the Warbird business for
about ten years now, but still occasionally puruse a copy of Trade-A-Plane
Warbird section just to see what is out there. Granted, the supply is
definitely drying up, but seems there are almost always some L birds listed.
T'craft L2 and Aeronca L3s seem to be at the bottom of the list, due
primarily to theirs being almost exclusively a stateside training role.
Piper L4s (most widely used) are in the middle and the L5s are something of
the top end excluding some of the more rare L and O types of the WWII era.
L-19s (O-1) are really top of the line unless you consider the Cessna O-2 an
"L-bird." L-19s are Korea/Vietnam era while O-2s are strictly Vietnam.

L-17 Navions are available, but not always advertised as such. Surprising
how many Navion owners never knew about the L-17. Of course, it really
didn't see that wide spread service.

Can't believe you've not found anything in Trade-A-Plane. Anyone that is
truly serious about selling an aircraft advertises in TAP. Check out their
website at: http://www.tradeaplane.com/

Unfortunately, due to having moved, I can't immediately put my hands on a
copy to see what is available. Check it out, I bet you will find something.
Might be a basket case, might be fully restored.

Jim Rice
MVPA 16814
EAA 353256
PVT MEL