patching sheetmetal

From: Amikesomm@aol.com
Date: Wed Mar 01 2000 - 20:56:24 PST

Hi folks, I have a friend who can get me scrap sheetmetal of various gauges
for working on my M151A1 and M37. Guess it's time to borrow someone's mig
welder and learn how. The question is - what gauge sheetmetal is used in the
M37 and what gauge is used in the 151A1. You use the same gauge to patch,
right? OR do you use thicker patches or thinner patches? Mechanical I am.
Welding/bodywork I am not. Dont' worry, I'll experiment on the underside of
the M37 cab area first, where it WON'T show. I have some huge holes
there..... and in the doors, and under the toolboxes, and in the jeep, etc.
Can anybody recommend where to find body dollys to work the dents out, and
which mig welders work best, I understand there is more than one kind? Maybe
I need to read "Welding for Idiots" or something like that.
Mike in VA
"old dog, new trick"