Guam pix

From: KBDewey 42GPW (dirtman42GPW@webtv.net)
Date: Thu Mar 02 2000 - 07:41:27 PST

All, I am looking for a photo taken during the Battle of Guam. It is a
pixture of two men going up a hill carrying a machine gun in parts. The
man in front was a guy named Mattern and the guy in back is my uncle
Boyd Dewey. The pix was featured in the "History of the Third Marine
Division" and the other was the " 9th Marine Regiment". Mattern died
shortly after the pix was taken, while in my uncle's arms, after
stepping on a land mine. He lost both arms and legs. My uncle named my
cousin after him. My uncle died of lung cancer several years ago and
never talked much about that part of his life. My cousin's X threw out
my cousin's books. We are trying to find an original pix and not sure
where to look. Also the photo was featured in Life Mag but so far unable
to locate a copy of it there either. Anyone have an idea as to where
to look. Much appreciated. Would like to give this to him for his 50th
BD. Tks Dewey