[MV] Gas Tank Hold-Down

From: Brown, Herb (BRown@ida.org)
Date: Thu Mar 02 2000 - 08:25:16 PST

Does anyone have a drawing or photo of the gas tank hold-down strap brackets
located on the left hand side of the MB Jeep? These are the clamps or
fittings where the gas-tank hold-down straps attach to the vehicle. --

I do not know what they look like, nor where or how they attach. My guess
is they look similar to the fittings mounted to the floor on the right hand
side of the tank, and are welded to the channel section on the left just
above the gas-tank well.

I also have a question regarding the merits of sealing the inside of a newly
purchased gas tank. While checking around for sources for the sealer, I was
told both that (1) I should seal the tank, and (2) no, I should not use any
sealer now, and only consider using it in the future if I develop a problem.
This second recommendation was from a potential source of this sealer. If
you recommend it, please include names/sources for the sealer.

 Any help is appreciated.