Strange Markings

From: Tim Bell (tcb@hasher.demon.co.uk)
Date: Mon Mar 06 2000 - 04:32:26 PST

Hi List

Now my Bedford OY is completely stripped down and I have 300 Bits on the
Workshop floor, I have been deciphering the paint markings appearing on the
panelling.... or at least trying to.

The passenger door is quite interesting - it has a round white circular line
painted in the middle. The circle is about 8ins in diameter, line being
about 1in thick.

Generally I would have assumed such a marking to be a post military
addition... however this marking appears underneath the Green paint, on top
of the Red-Oxide... so presumably this marking was applied in the
Factory.... WHY ?

In addition on the inside of the passenger door the vehicle deisgnation is
marked in Yellow paint - this was underneath several coats of Green, but on
top of the bottom coat... so presumably was applied by the manufacturer. If
I can get this confirmed I will probably mask this area off when I respray
the vehicle.

If anyone can help with either of these markings, I have some images of them
I can send too.

Regards

Tim