Re: [MV] adding kerosene to diesel?

From: MVTrucker@aol.com
Date: Tue Mar 07 2000 - 04:14:04 PST

The formula we use here in the East calls for 70% kero in extreme cold
weather. This percentage drops to 30% in warm weather. One purpose of
adding kero to diesel, and outside home heating oil tanks, is to help
prevent gelling. The lighter grade of diesel produced also lowers the BTU
output, thus a very slight decrease in power might be noticed.
Joe Young
ps: I thank those of you that sent such high referrals concerning my
      truck business! I do have a very nice selection on hand.