Re: [MV] M37 Progress Report & Head Questions - One more comment

From: Alan Bowes (inbox@todacosa.com)
Date: Tue Mar 07 2000 - 11:12:42 PST

Just to be a bit more "complete," I wanted to add to my previous posting that valve "float"
refers not only to the distance that a valve is "flung" beyond it's normal maximum opening
point; it also can refer to the valve's inability to return quickly enough to maintain lifter
pressure against the cam lobes. In other words, the valve gets a bit "behind" the lobe
profile and thus remains too far open for too long, generally resulting in power loss.

Alan