M151A2s in Desert Storm???

From: MadSkier1@aol.com
Date: Tue Mar 07 2000 - 12:32:25 PST

I've heard from a few people and sources that MUTTs were used in Desert
Storm, as special ops vehicles. Anyone verify that??? I've also heard that
they were never there. Anyone know? The MUTTs that I have, the windshield
hindges have been torched off before demilled. The guy I was talking to said
this was because of a special attachement the military installed for the
desert. He said they also used wider tires than normally put on the MUTTS
specifically for the desert, like 15" wide. Any truth to this? He says he
has one (MV restorer), but I've never seen it.

Rob