Re: [MV] M151A2s in Desert Storm???

From: JOHN SEIDTS (john@astory.com)
Date: Wed Mar 08 2000 - 04:40:13 PST

Hate to disagree with Top, but there were Special Operations Forces M151a1's
and 151A2's used in Desert Storm. A good friend who went into Iraq as Team
Engineer said they were ORDERED to take two gun jeeps with them, even though
the mountain they were on had no roads or paths to get the gun jeeps down if
they had to E&E. They were running a collection point for Kurds, and
provided them with food, water, and medical attention while on their way
North from his location. He said they started the jeeps up twice a day, and
drove from one side of the small plateau to another side and back again, a
distance of about three football fields.