Re: [MV] M151A2s in Desert Storm??? - CNN

From: COLIN STEVENS (colin@pacdat.net)
Date: Wed Mar 08 2000 - 08:39:32 PST

-----Original Message-----
From: F. Brian Mead <brian@hardscrabblefarm.com>
To: Military Vehicles List <mil-veh@uller.skylee.com>
Date: Wednesday, March 08, 2000 8:04 AM
Subject: Re: [MV] M151A2s in Desert Storm??? - CNN

...>BTW, A buddy of mine who used to work at CNN said that the Persian Gulf
War was
>the only "event" that they kept ALL footage from. Most times, they keep
the good
>stuff and throw away the rest. (recycle tapes) However, for the persian
gulf war,
>they kept everything...> Hmmm, wouldn't you like to look thru some of
that stuff for good vehicle shots...
>Brian

****** Yes that sounds like a real treasure trove. Remember however that CNN
covered only PART of the story of the war. During the Gulf War I found that
by changing channels I got totally different views and film footage of the
war - the American view on CNN, the British view with the 'Desert Rats' 7th
Armoured Division (via BBC picked up by CBC) and the French view with French
forces there (picked up by French CBC channels). Other Coalition Forces'
nations news agencies and military film units will have stuff on the
Canadian, Saudi, Egyptian etc. participation in the Gulf War. The Americans
did a superb job in the Gulf War, but they were not alone.

Colin Macgregor Stevens
MVPA Member 954 (since 1977)
& member B Coy 1 Canadian Parachute Battalion (Living History)
Pitt Meadows, British Columbia, Canada
E-mail: colin@pacdat.net
Personal web site: http://bcoy1cpb.pacdat.net
1944 Willys MB