Seat Belts in Mutts, M37's, or other non ROPS equiped trucks

From: Chris (cdavis@mail.johnsonmfg.net)
Date: Wed Mar 08 2000 - 13:36:26 PST

I agree with the argument that one would not want to be strapped in for a
roll over in one of these trucks. That said, most of the time we are not
operating these vehicles in a roll over prone environment. More likely
we'll be smacked by another vehicle going much faster than our old MV's
move. A seat belt will help in these situations. You can leave it off
when your on the trail.

My $.02.

PS: I drove my previous jeeps (M38A1 and M151) for years with out belts
will no ill effects (no accidents either). So I understand those who don't
add them. I put sets form JC Whitney in my M37, and I'm happy to have them.

Chris Davis
'52 M37
MVPA# 20000
Lake Forest, CA