[MV] Reality Check

From: Raimondo L. Torelli (thealamo@iigbna.iigb.na.cnr.it)
Date: Thu Mar 09 2000 - 01:30:09 PST

At 18.13 08/03/00 -0800, PATRICIA wrote:

>Actually, the $10,000 reporting situation... more than just the IRS ..
There is a real-time currency
>transfer monitoring system that is referred to as "Fin-Cen">and it's
purpose is to flag suspicious transactions >that>may be related to drug
money or money laundering operations...

>Patricia Gibbons - mailto:wa6ube@tactical-link.com

>>From: Mel Miller <nourmahal@worldnet.att.net>

>>Subject: [MV] Reality Check

Something you guys failed to notice is that when a person >>withdraws or>>
deposits ten thousand dollars or more the bank is required to report this
transaction ...
>> Drive On!
>> Mel Miller
>> Former Federal Financial Institutions Examiner

Mar 9 2000

Yes! We have something like it here on the other side of the "Big Pond"! I
do not remember the amount of money at the moment, but all
transactions/checks through Bank (and the Post Office!) are registered:
this was established years ago for "anti-Mafia" purposes...

Regards,

Raimondo - M.V.P.A. 15878
(Need for presents or collection decorative ceramics? For the best original
handmade Italian Ceramics of Capodimonte, please check here:
http://www.ceramicofnaples.it)