GPW Xfer and T-90 Tranny

From: Sean Bathrick (Bathrick@imcchemicals.com)
Date: Thu Mar 09 2000 - 09:58:04 PST

In cleaning out the garage, I came across some things that people may be interested in. A GPW Transfer Case and T-90 Transmission. The transfer case has the following casting info: (the script F) GPW7705 then a small raised heart, U or V, kinda hard to tell, then under that a large 1. I don't know if it means anything other than transfer case in Ford language, but that's what's on it. Then the T-90A-1, with a riveted plate that says, 1-29-48. I thought it was 43 but cleaned it up and am pretty sure it's 48. I am guessing it was a CJ-2A tranny. I can get pictures for anyone that wants them, but let me describe them for everyone. They are basically just the cases. The cases are basically bare and in used but good condition. No breaks, cracks or splits that I can see. I have one of the x-fer gears and the front wheel drive push rod with the U that operates the gear back and forth inside the case. The T-90 has most of its gears but not assembled. I believe that the units were separated to be mated with different things and never finished. The gears appear to be good, ie no broken or worn teeth, although I don't claim to be a tranny expert. Basically the bare castings are for sale and the gears, etc. are a bonus. If you can use them great, if not, no loss. I would really like to trade them for a good set of bumperettes for an M-38A1, or ?? Any interest?
Please let me know
Thanks
Sean
MVPA 14222