Re: [MV] Use of 151

From: COLIN STEVENS (colin@pacdat.net)
Date: Sat Mar 11 2000 - 02:23:16 PST

-----Original Message-----
From: Eugene PANTANO <snoshu@market1.com>
To: Military Vehicles List <mil-veh@uller.skylee.com>
Date: Thursday, March 09, 2000 11:42 AM
Subject: Re: [MV] Use of 151

...>He was in Desert
>Storm and spent a lot of time running all over the country repairing
>vehicles and scrounging parts to keep everythin running. He is very
familiar
>with the 151 series stuff.. ...BUT
>nowhere in the desert..and in Kuwait did he see ANY 151 vehicles in ANY
>combat roll or in ANY sort of "official" use. The ones there were THERE and
>not brought there by the United States. If anyone has /or thinks he saw
one
>in use by our (U.S.) Forces..please post a picture to see. I know at least
8
>mechanics here who "were there" and say there were no 151 series stuff
>used.. Period... So, if you think you saw one...post a
>picture...respectfuly, 1SG PANTANO

I believe in one of the half dozen or so videos I made off the TV news at
the time of the Gulf War that there was a shot of some MUTTs coming towards
the camera. As I recall it was NOT a U.S. unit, but was Coalition.

As for special unit MUTTs, I have a photo in Wheels & Tracks of some in
desert sand colour I believe in Northern Iraq with US forces, soon after the
ceasefire. Can't say whether or not they were used during the fighting.

Colin Macgregor Stevens
MVPA Member 954 (since 1977)
& member B Coy 1 Canadian Parachute Battalion (Living History)
Pitt Meadows, British Columbia, Canada
E-mail: colin@pacdat.net
Personal web site: http://bcoy1cpb.pacdat.net
1944 Willys MB