Re: [MV] Korean era M38A1 Photos posted

From: Greg Marks (youdog@brevard.net)
Date: Sat Mar 11 2000 - 19:42:02 PST

Hi Pete

My dad was a signal officer so it fits that the jeeps had those cable
spoolers in what I thought was the "normal" position for the back seat.
I've never seen other pictures with those spoolers so its my guess that
moving the seat to the fender well was to accommodate the spoolers.

After I painted my jeep, I was dismayed to see a fairly high gloss. When I
saw that one image with the brass hats in a shiny jeep, I didn't feel as
bad. I can also rely on "Plan B" which is to never take care of the paint.
In a couple of years, I'll have a flat sheen. That sure worked on all of my
other cars ;-)

Greg Marks
'53 M38A1