Re: [MV] Original Jeeps in... Belgium

From: Richard Notton (Richard@fv623.demon.co.uk)
Date: Mon Mar 13 2000 - 09:24:53 PST

-----Original Message-----
From: William R. Benson <Benson@eqe.com>
To: Military Vehicles List <mil-veh@uller.skylee.com>
Date: 13 March 2000 16:04
Subject: Re: [MV] Original Jeeps in... Belgium

>If I recall correctly, these have been heard of before.

But now apparently available in ones.

>The consensus of the list was that they are overpriced, and have been worked
>over already.

Full page picture of racks of the things in the just out MVT mag.

>The bottom line: They aren't worth the effort.

Not importable to the US anyway as I understand Ike's lend-lease laws, maybe
that frightfully nice Mr Spielberg will buy most of them as a job lot, I
understand he needs loads of old jeeps to blow up for the next episodes of
Saving Ryan's Privates.

>Now, if I'm wrong, somebody PLEASE correct me, as I wouldn't mind helping open
>up another treasure cache for jeeps...

Forget it in the US, I'll scan the ad if anybody is remotely interested.

Richard
(Southampton - England)