Re: [MV] Military AN/PRT 4a radio batteries?

From: SBJohnston@aol.com
Date: Mon Mar 13 2000 - 17:23:01 PST

LEEnCALIF wrote:

>Looking for batteries for this handitalkie setup.
>Tried looking for military surplus radios/batteries
>on the net, negative. Not even sure what voltage it is...
>anyone know? I suppose I could make up
>my own batteries, if I knew what voltage they take.

The AN/PRT-4 transmitter runs on 15 volts. I use two 9v batteries in series.
 If you can find a dead BA-399/U, put the 9v batts inside it and it will plug
right onto the AN/PRT-4

The matching AN/PRR-9 receiver runs on either 3.2 or 5 volts depending on
early vs late version. The ones I have run OK on 9 volt battery, though - I
choose a weak 9v cell - which will fit directly into the metal clip.

Any questions, just let me know...

Steve Johnston

sbjohnston@aol.com