Re: [MV] bulbs

From: mblair1@home.net
Date: Wed Mar 15 2000 - 00:03:57 PST

Rick Welker <rickw_17030@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Where is a good source of various 24volt bulbs in the
> US. I went to NAPA but if it isn't listed as an

I found all of the small bulbs for my M109A3 and HMMWV at Bulb Direct
(www.bulbdirect.com). You need to know the bulb numbers, but they have
on-line ordering and ship quickly. There are a few typos in their
database... if you see a bulb listed for $81, for example, try the
next duplicate entry for the same bulb and pay $0.81, instead. :-) I
didn't find headlamp bulbs, or the one-piece blackout bulb with hood
that goes in my deuce, but they had all of the small bulbs for marker
lights, indicators, tail lights, etc.

By the way, I needed to build a lighted rear license plate bracket for
my HMMWV to make it street legal in CA (don't worry, I mounted it
under existing bolts, and used a surplus "Y" connector to tap off
power without cutting into the harness). I ordered a sturdy heavy-duty
license plate light from NAPA, and found a 28V bulb that fits it. The
NAPA part number for the light is 9366W. It comes with a 12V
wedge-base bulb, type GE 168. I found that a type 464 bulb seems to be
a suitable replacement for 28V use.

--
PGP 2.6.2 public key available from http://pgp.ai.mit.edu/
Web page: http://www.qsl.net/ke6myk/