M-151A2's in Sudan

From: Julian Burke (julianb@esper.com)
Date: Wed Mar 15 2000 - 06:47:48 PST

Hello all, I talked with my friend at AMG and in the last 1200 or so
M-151A2's that were produced in South Bend, IN., 46 of these units were sold
to the Sudanese Gov't with a "gov't furnished" engine. No serial numbers
immediately available. As far as AMG knows, every single A2 jeep that they
ever produced were ALL using the the Hercules engine. NO other engines were
used. The last 1200 were all delivered in 1984 and ALL were sold to
overseas gov'ts mainly Pakastan. The individual who purchased the Sudan
M-151A2 has a rather rare one as none exist in this country AFAIK. I wonder
if he plans to bring it back to this country?

To the individual who purchased the Hummer with the serial number 00147: It
was MFD in mid 1985. They have the capability of building of up to 65 a day
but today are producing about 15 each of civilian and military. (30 daily
output)

Julian Burke