Re: dual rear ends on MV's

From: Jeanne Lacourse (cckw@mediaone.net)
Date: Thu Mar 16 2000 - 17:57:29 PST

The CCKW's, M35's etc have the rear axles in all wheel drive all the time.
You are suppose to have the diameter of these tires within 1/4 inch of each
other.

I have had very good luck and no problems by forgetting the tire rotation.
Get 8 matched tires for the rear and leave them there. Replace the fronts
(many times) as necessary.

I have put about 30,000 miles on my main CCKW with no problems with the
drive train. The rear tires have finally worn out and will be replaced next
month. I will also be replacing the front tires for the 4th time this spring

Tires are cheap (realitively), drive train components are not...

Steve AKA Dr Deuce (6) And Chevys too