Re: [MV] CUCV II's

From: jonathon (jemery@execpc.com)
Date: Thu Mar 16 2000 - 19:11:32 PST

>... GM has been building Detroit Diesels "since time began", so they
>already had a foothold in that market. (Ya know, you'd think they would
>have had better sense when they introduced those sorry converted 350 gas
>engines-this poisoned the diesel market and it still has not fully recovered
>from that escapade and put diesel engines years behind ESP when the market
>was ready for them then)

As I understand the 6.2 was not a product of DDA, but GM tried to make it
appear as such. I have sales brochures (aimed at the military market) from
the early hmmv days for the 6.2 and it is clearly implied as being a DDA
product. I think they thought they could ride along on DDA's coat tails but
I don't think it worked. They seem to have dropped that marketing plan some
time after that.

If anyone would like to see the brochure, I could scan it (assuming I can
find it again)

je