Re: [MV] AM General is preventing HMMWV Registrations

From: mblair1@home.net
Date: Sat Mar 18 2000 - 21:43:32 PST

"John Brennan" <brennan1968@home.com> wrote:
> It turns out the AM General wrote CT DMV a letter on March 14th
> asking them not to register the Humvee and to rescind any that they
> did.

I find it doubtful that AM General has any legal basis to force your
state to rescind vehicle registrations. As I see it, their involvement
was over about 15 years ago when they sold the vehicle to the
government. I hope you'll go after both AM General and your DMV like a
rabid dog. Lob lawyers and congressmen at them like hand grenades. Be
all over them like stink on a monkey. If you're an MVPA member, I
absolutely expect MVPA to support you to the full extent of their
ability; I can't think of a better way to spend *MY* MVPA membership
dues.

I'm told that the plates for my HMMWV are in the mail. If AM General
pulls the same crap with the CA DMV, I won't take it lying down. When
they made some public statements that they didn't support private MV
ownership, it was just so many words, and I didn't really care. If
they're starting to actively go after honest, law-abiding, tax-paying
folks like me, it's *PERSONAL*. Think of a billion seagulls and
pigeons hovering over a million running electric fans, and you'll have
the right mental image.

Ok, I guess I'm ranting, but I'm **PISSED**!

--
PGP 2.6.2 public key available from http://pgp.ai.mit.edu/
Web page: http://www.qsl.net/ke6myk/