Re: [MV] Evil AM General

From: James Shanks (n1vbn@bit-net.com)
Date: Sun Mar 19 2000 - 15:50:51 PST

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeepstuf@aol.com <Jeepstuf@aol.com>
To: Military Vehicles List <mil-veh@uller.skylee.com>
Date: Sunday, March 19, 2000 5:58 PM
Subject: [MV] Evil AM General

>*This message was transferred with a trial version of CommuniGate(tm) Pro*
>Man you guys are smokin too much carc! You all knew that these were for
>OFF ROAD USE ONLY!

    # 1 As I recall the only restrictions on surplus gear are stated
on the Form 97's. No restriction on the Form 97 you got when you purchased
the vehicle? Register it and use it and enjoy them Gents.

   I did and I wasn't shopping for one. It was all over
>this list and it was in the magazines.
    # 2 This is known as heresay.... doesn't mean a blasted thing in
a court of law. Note I said the LAW. If any of you ever watched any of the
legal beagle shows on TV or sat in a courtroom as an observer you would know
for a fact Heresay is inadmissible in any court of the USA.

Now face it and deal with it (if it
>actually turns into a
>real issue.) Now to my point; You should start pooling your assets and buy
>couple
>more of these fine pieces of military history and hire a good crash-test
firm
>'cause
>that may be your only way to keep 'em the way they were built!

        # 3 Why do something that WOULD set a precedent? You do
something like this and supply fuel to some legal beagle in the
Government's employ so he could use the "crashtest records" you'd try to use
in court and use it as the basis to remove ALL MV's in private hands from
the highway "Your Honor, none of these former military vehicles going back
the horse drawn wagon meet the DOT specs". Granted this is worse case
thinking on my part. (And I DON'T want it to happen EVER!!)

Personally, I >can't reconcile hating a company but loving their product
(that's why I got
>rid of Henry's GPWs - I don't like his politics.) I do, however, appreciate
>hummers and if I was a rich guy with nothing else to do but complain on a
NG
>I'd have one too... Oh well, back to my puny little jeeps.
>There's my jerrycan full on this issue! Flame throwers ready!
>Wes G >
MB MC MD MD-A M-100 M-416 Cnvrt-Dmp WC-52 CUCV etc

Working towards my M-35A2 (SOON!!!!)

James Shanks
The Line Below is my Ham Radio Callsign
n1vbn@bit-net.com
The line below is my Ham Radio Packet Address
n1vbn@N1VBN @ WB1DSW.NH.USA.NOAM