6.2 Diesel

From: DaveCole (davidcole@tk7.net)
Date: Mon Mar 20 2000 - 18:08:08 PST

As I recall, DD may have worked with GM corporate briefly on the 6.2, but the
design was not by DD. The 6.2 was certainly not made by Detroit as they simply
didn't have the capacity for such a high volume and small engine. Most of the
problems I have heard of with the 6.2 is due to injector pump problems and a lack
of HP. Why exactly did GM stop making the 6.5? I heard many complaints about
that engine, but nothing definitive.

Dave
(Ex GM Engineer)