MV] BELTRING War and Peace Show Update

From: NIGEL HAY (Nigelhay@tanksrus.freeserve.co.uk)
Date: Wed Mar 22 2000 - 12:41:30 PST

Having spent a lot of time trying to sort out the local accomodation
availablity for the show, I have a little news.
A hotel that has just called me, 10 minutes drive from the event is
currently empty for the July 18-26th, though say enquiries starting to come
in already, they can take 15 couples/people sharing. It seems to be very
nice place . 16th century, in 10 acres og grounds, prices start £26 single
person per nite. They advertise special rates for longer stays and groups.
Get booking.

e mail John Oldbury roydonhall@btinternet.com They aren't too keen on having
tracked vehicles on the rather nice lawn, but keen to welcome MV
enthusasts.
Whislt I am not a hotel expert (and in no way can imply a reccomendation),
it seems verey nice standard of place at sensible prices.

Other news from the event, .......we are arranging a Taxi Rank on the site
to make life easier for those staying off site who dont have cars.
To help promote the big event and as an added attraction, the Sherman
Firefly has now gone on permanent display at the War and Peace Museum, along
with ...an M26 pacific, M1 Ward la france (my old one), a Scout car, T34,
Churchill and several softskins.

Kind regards,

NIGE