Re: [MV] Relity Checks and M8

From: DaveCole (davidcole@tk7.net)
Date: Thu Mar 23 2000 - 07:47:08 PST

While I can understand the comfort that cash might bring some people, I think you
are cutting out a large percentage of your potential customers by insisting on
cash. There are a number of ways to guarantee payment. The only reason I can
think of anyone wanting to deal strictly in cash in large quantities is to avoid
taxable and traceable transactions. (Even so, the IRS tracks cash withdraws and
deposits over 10K anyway)

Also, only a fool would ignore an incorrect title. A title is a legal paper that
states the legal owner and more importantly registers that legal owner with the
state. If that paper trail is not clean, then the person who legally owns the
vehicle on paper can legally reposses the vehicle, report it stolen, etc.

I've dealt with bad titles before and it is nothing to screw around with. If you
don't know what you are doing, you can really get burned. If that new owner
can't clean up that title work, then he may not be able to sell that vehicle
regardless of what he paid for it. So then what is that vehicle worth?

If you can find some fool willing to stick his neck out with $40K worth of cash to
obtain a vehicle he may not be able to legally own, more power to you But who
knows, perhaps you could of gotten $50K if you were willing to do a more secure
and well documented transaction.

Dave