Re: [MV] M151 - Motor vehicles - don't try to change serial numbers!

From: jonathon (jemery@execpc.com)
Date: Thu Mar 23 2000 - 17:26:21 PST

>If your vehicle is registered with the wrong serial number or wrong year,
>model etc. (a common problem with jeeps etc.) I always suggest strongly to
>people - "Leave the $#^@%#$ thing alone!

Yes, just turn it in (the title) as is and then some time later (like a year
or two) you can go back and tell them there was an error. All of the
problems I had with my mitey mite were due to the previous owner trying to
"correct" some irrelivant information on the title when he bought it, and he
did just that... bought it, big time, they took the title.

je