Slots in FT-250 Radio Mounts

From: INDUSTELE@aol.com
Date: Fri Mar 24 2000 - 10:34:53 PST

As most of you know I make the reproduction FT-250 radio mounts. These
mounts have four slots about 1-1/2" x 5/16", two in front and two in back. I
have faithfully reproduced these slots in my copies. Now I keep getting
questions about what these slots are for, and frankly I haven't got the
foggiest idea. I guess a cover, or bag, or something similar. Does anyone
know what these slots are used for? If you want to see what I'm talking
about look at my homepage about building these reproduction mounts. This is
at http://members.aol.com/kf4ypj/page2/

Thanks for your information. Folks seem to think that I'm an expert on these
things just because I build them. Tom Campbell