Re: [MV] Mil-veh insurance

From: The Jeep Dogs (jeepdogs@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Mar 24 2000 - 12:53:22 PST

>Allstate won't touch an M35....

Apparently, this depends upon your location. A friend of mine owns an
M35A2, M54, M series wrecker (don't recall model) and 4 ton Diamond T (WWII)
wrecker. He has them all insured with Allstate. He also has all of his
cars and his home insured with them.

Could be the state, could be the agent, but in some places Allstate will
insure big trucks, so long as they are register and insured as collector
vehicles, not commercial.

I personally have my insurance ('43 GPW and '67 M-151A1) with Greenwich.
Can't recall the exact name as I don't have the papers right here in front
of me. Arranged insurance via a local independant insurance agent in
Oklahoma. Insurance is for stated value (whatever you and agent agree the
vehicle is worth. I told him and he said okay) for any loss, collision,
theft, vandalism, liabilty etc. I paid $113 TOTAL last year. Went up to
$122 this year. $61 per vehicle per year isn't too bad. I expect that to
go up when I change my address to San Antonio, TX. My regular vehicle
insurance jumped when I moved.

I do have the typical restriction. Think 2000 miles annually, no daily
driver, club/show purposes only (pretty loosely defined), maintenance test
drives, occasional outing type things.

If anyone is really interested, I will see if I can't find the company name
and address......amongst all my stuff. I hate moving!

Jim