Re: [MV] M-135 Shifting Problem

From: Buzz Szarek (buzz@toast.net)
Date: Sun Mar 26 2000 - 05:09:42 PST

You need to adjust the band for the first clutch pack (it is the only one
that must be adjusted manually.

Remove the floor pannels so you can see the trans.

Towards the front of the trans on the top, just to the left of the shifter
is an indicator. You remove the cover off the indicator and adjust the
tension screw till the top of the plunger is level with the top of the
indicator. These are rough instructions. Look in a manual to be sure.

Good luck,
-=-

 "Military Vehicles List" <mil-veh@uller.skylee.com>
Seint: Friday, March 24, 2000 5:11 PM
Subject: [MV] M-135 Shifting Problem

The M-135 is back on road, just a little slow at this point. It reverses
and drives forward in all positions on the selector, but it won't shift out
of first. I disengaged the transfer case and put the selector in the
different settings and it changed gears just fine. But when I put the
transfer back in, it stayed in first. We changed the idle a little and
tried to adjust the control valve operating lever at the carb. Now it won't
shift from first even without the transfer. We even tried to manually do it
underneath by deflecting the control valve arm. Is there a way to flush out
a transmission? One of the mechanics thinks a peice of dirt or something is
clogging the control valve. Is this possble and if there was something in
there, could it do this? What about taking off the cover and looking at the
control valve assy? Anyone done this before? I have looked at the service
manual and I am lost at this point. Any suggestions? All help greatly
appreciated. (Boy do I like manual transmissions)
Thanks
Sean
MVPA 14222
53 M38A1
51 M135
67 M416

=Mil-Veh is a member-supported mailing list=
To unsubscribe, send e-mail to: <mil-veh-off@uller.skylee.com>
<mil-veh-digest@uller.skylee.com>
Send administrative queries to <mil-veh-request@uller.skylee.com>