Re: [MV] in harms way?

From: SBJohnston@aol.com
Date: Mon Mar 27 2000 - 20:23:39 PST

>for all you movie buffs ,this is a great movie !
>i feel that they should have fired the military advisor

It is on AMC network right now...
How is it that I've never before seen this most odd war picture? It is a
strange, strange combination: very poor air attack scenes with very good
shots of ships in action, unnecessary use of 1960's vehicles, continuity
problems (admiral starts trip across base in M151 jeep, finishes in M38,
both wrong for a WWII picture!). Lots of great military hardware in high
resolution shades of grey, though.

Super all-star cast - but I noticed *lots* of dentures in use.

Music score: "Planet of the Apes" music under some scenes alternates with
"Days of Wine and Roses" strings in others... very weird.

And apparently the real war wasn't interesting enough... The writers had to
create fictionalized battle locales! Reminded me of movies produced under
wartime security but wasn't this film produced in the mid-1960s?!
Interesting movie, but for all the wrong reasons.

Steve Johnston

 Oh, yeah, Slim Pickens is in it too!

sbjohnston@aol.com