1952 T-245 Ambulance info

From: John Doherty (jdoherty@hiwaay.net)
Date: Sat Apr 01 2000 - 11:13:03 PST

Knowledgeable members,

I have obtained, that is 'horse traded for', the following vehicle. Can
anyone give me specifics on the number produced, rarity or what not, about
this model ambulance? It would be a project vehicle, as it's missing the
engine and transmission, has some rust, etc., had a small block chevy with
AT in it at one time. I have a Dodge 318 with trans that could go in it.
I've not done one of these yet, but I already have a 1977 M886, and I use it
for a secure work truck, since it was missing the interior goodies. If it
is unusually rare, I'd rather not ruin it any further. I'd rather pass it
on to someone who would do it right.

What's the consensus think? Play with it, or carry it to the South
Pittsburg meet and give someone else a shot?

Data plate is as follows:

Truck, Ambulance 3/4 Ton 4x4
Ord Stk No. 6795531
Mfg SN: 80022323 Date Del 2-25-52
                             Model T-245
Contract No. 8615

It has the M37 style front end on it, with the top arching up from the top
of the windshield. The transfer case and the rest of the driveline appear
to be intact, although I've no idea what condition they're in. It does
roll, so they're not locked up. It has the drivers side door spare tire
carrier with it. I do know that this thing is heavy!

Thanks
John Doherty