Re: [MV] Glow Plugs in A CUCCV

From: Karl-Hermann Diehl (Karl.H.Diehl@t-online.de)
Date: Sun Apr 02 2000 - 23:41:18 PDT

Carl Konefsky schrieb:
> We have a cuccv that the glow plugs are bad and the ends are musroomed over
> (inside) any Ideas as to how to remove them without removeing the heads?
> Carl
I had this trouble twice!
I dit in this way:
Looesen the glow plugs, pull them until they got stuck in the threads, break the
connector
Remove the injector and you will have a pretty big hole to pull the mushroomed
part out of its hole.
As I said, I had to do it twice and once with four cylinders.
After the second time I changed the glowplug system to 12 V. Needs only one
cable between the 12 V part of the batteries and the glowplug relay terminal. If
you like you can make it switchable for slave start your vehicle!

good luck
Karl-Hermann