RE: [MV] 1952 T-245 Ambulance info

From: Norona, Mike (MNorona@amsuper.com)
Date: Wed Apr 05 2000 - 07:55:18 PDT

Hi John & List,
Mr. Kiser is correct, it's an M43...that model # T-245 is/was the Dodge
engine model # (230 cid L-head six).
I'm told earlier ambulances were steel, then switched to aluminum bodies to
lessen weight. I guess we're still looking for production numbers, now
steel vs aluminum too. Though not an actual TM, John Zentmeyer published a
very complete study titled (I think) Dodge Production Story, TM9-1840C (??).
I don't see it listed in Portrayal's ad, but thought they carried it. It
will likely have the info you seek. List, anyone?

Some owners have successfully done engine conversions (we hear little about
those who failed), the 318 among them. But then, none of those will do any
deep-water fording :) For conversion "experts", you might try
http://www.bigelectric.com/wwwboard/wwwboard.html

Just on the off-hand, I'd say hang onto it longer than a few months, get a
feel for if you want it or not. ...my 2 cents disclaimer. Have fun!
- mazo mike
Mike Noroņa
Mazomanie, Wisconsin
'51 V-41 (but with M37 cargo box)