Re: [MV] USAF Strata Blue

From: Thomas M Mc Hugh (tmmchugh@juno.com)
Date: Thu Apr 06 2000 - 14:00:18 PDT

Hi List,

I was stationed on Air Force Bases from April 51 to April 54. I was part
of "SCARWAF"
SPECIAL CATEGORY ARMY ATTACHED WITH AIR FORCE. We were Army Engineers
but lived and worked while building and repairing Air Fields. KELLY
AFB, LACKLAND AFB, CARSWELLl AFB, WESTOVER AFB, AND OUR HOME BASE IN
TEXAS WOLTERS AFB. They were fun years in the states.

As an Acting Construction Forman, I often was supplied Jeeps or Pick-ups
on each base we were working on. They were all Blue. I have no idea what
name blue. I do remember that there was no OD under the hood or inside &
outside. I do not remember the undercarraige. They were signed out and
in and maintained by the AF MotorPool.

Tom McHugh, New Jersey
52 M38A1 Ser. # 20282
MVPA