DUKW

From: RKiser8375@aol.com
Date: Fri Apr 07 2000 - 10:21:09 PDT

I am considering purchasing a DUKW in Belgium. However, I have no idea how
to go about getting
this thing back into the U.S. I believe that I might have to (1) get the
BATF to agree that it is
not an "Implement of War" and (2) prove that it is not a "Lend-Lease"
vehicle. Also, to further complicate
matters, the thing appears to be 99 inches wide, which I believe means it
will not fit in a container.
How would I get this thing to Denver, Colorado and how much would it cost me?
 I assume that I would
ship it on a container ship to Galveston, Texas and then bring from Galveston
to Denver on an 18 wheeler.
Any information concerning importing this thing would be greatly appreciated,
from customs, to
BATF, to shipping, etc. Also, when is Beltring?

Rob Kiser
'42? M29-C
'45 M29
'52 M37