M100 trailer information

From: john rozell (jrozell@bellsouth.net)
Date: Sun Apr 09 2000 - 10:53:39 PDT

I am restoring a 1952 M100 trailer and have seen various ads listing
wire harnesses as either "early" or "late". Could someone please
explain the difference and which one would be accurate for my trailer?
Under a coat or two of paint, along the side of the trailer tub, I also
see the following in 1 1/2" high yellow stenciling: BOUT X ORD 11
ME325RA34. Can anyone decipher this and tell me what it means? Since
the stenciling was yellow, would the assumption that this is a Marine
trailer be correct? If so, what would be the correct paint color for a
Marine trailer of the 1952 time period?

John