Ferret in the cold, rambles.....

From: Robin Craig (therobincraig@home.com)
Date: Sun Apr 09 2000 - 19:13:53 PDT

After reading Mr Wallace's post about his taking his Ferret made me
wince and get envious. We up here in the cold north, were thinking about
spring a few weeks ago. I was contemplating getting my Ferret out for
the spring maintenance session with the ghost. He is a learned soul
who prefers too remain anonymous on this list but is a good schtick as
it were......

It seems that good old mother nature got wind of my plans and decided
too put the kybosh on them. I was lucky on Saturday that I was out in
the Land Rover as about 15 cm of snow dumped on eastern Ontario. I was
on my way back from Outside of Montreal Quebec when I ran into the
storm. As usual the roads were getting slippery as it had been mild
before the snow fell, I ended up using the 110 to pull an Aerostar out
of the ditch, but further up the highway they were scattered like nine
pins and on their sides with the law and F.D. in attendance. Have too
say it's been quite my week! I guess the spring tune up will have too
wait a while yet until the snow once more melts.....

Today I went to a Militaria show, not much too see or buy, picked up a
couple of books. I did however bump into a local chap who runs an M38
and was in tow with a chum from the Canadian Forces. We were introduced
and once my possession of heavy metal was disclosed I found my self
agreeing to a potential out of town date with the Ferret. Seems that
this chaps unit has an annual parade too mark a part of the regiments
history and they are looking for MV's too fill out the parade. He asked
if I would be willing too come out. As the parade is quite a ways away I
said that I would be only too delighted to attend if they were able to
provide the transport there and back. It seems that they will be able to
provide an HLVW (Heavy Logistical Vehicle Wheeled or Steyr Percheron
licence built in Canada) with a flatrack, so as long as he gets the OK
we seem to be on a date........ I wont mention the unit as things are
still subject to approval, but it looks good. Cant wait too see the
Ferret on the HLVW, will be a shot for the album.

Oh well, I guess I'll go back to dreaming of spring again.......

Robin Craig

Ottawa Ontario Canada

Land Rover 110 and Ferret mk 2/3