MV 24V headlamp source?

From: mblair1@home.net
Date: Sun Apr 09 2000 - 21:44:40 PDT

This is probably a FAQ, but I didn't see it in recent archives and
haven't had to deal with it before...

My M998 HMMWV blew a headlamp this morning. Does anybody know a good
source for new headlamps?

My parts book lists 8741491 as the part number, and my left headlamp
is a GE lamp with matching numbers. My right headlamp (the one which
burned out) is made by Wagner, and has 4863-1 printed on the back,
though. I was surprised to see "DOT" cast into the Wagner lamp,
because I thought that lack of DOT-approved lights was one of the
reasons that those surplus HMMWVs are Evil. :-)

BTW, my deuce parts book lists the same part number as my HMMWV book,
so I guess it's a common headlamp. I might as well get a few lamps, so
I have spares for both of my trucks on hand.

I tried the Bulb Direct catalog and web page, and they didn't have
this lamp listed.

--
PGP 2.6.2 public key available from http://pgp.ai.mit.edu/
Web page: http://www.qsl.net/ke6myk/