Postings

From: steve shaw (gyrene37@webtv.net)
Date: Tue Apr 11 2000 - 04:33:33 PDT

While on the subject of the workings of the list - I wonder how much
longer the message generated by the software is going to appear at the
start of each posting --- 'THIS MESSAGE WAS TRANSFERRED BY A TRIAL
VERSION OF COMMUNIGATE (TM) PRO"? I'm sure there is some necessity for
this, but the posted message especially when very short, appears
immediately after the above heading and sometimes is nearly lost in the
clutter. I thought that it had something to do with the software
changeover that occured a few weeks ago (explained in full in great
detail by Arthur - but not understood in much detail by a non-computer
type like myself) and would go away after a short while. I'm with
computers sort of like my wife and her car - she just wants it to go
when she turns the key and doesn't care or want to know why or how it
works. That's one reason I like the M-37 and other MILITARY VEHICLES of
their ilk - SIMPLICITY - I guess it takes me back to my youth when I was
able to keep an old car running with borrowed or self-repaired parts,
tuning it by ear, and able to understand the simple systems employed
instead of sensors, computers, diagnostic machines, etc.
Anyway, I still enjoy the site - have made some friends, bought and sold
some parts, and most importantly have learned a great deal about
MILITARY VEHICLES and know that there's a good place to come when one
has a question and that you'll be sure to get many and varied opinions
on most any subject.
Thanks to all involved for the pleasant experience and interesting (and
sometimes spirited) postings.

Steve Shaw
'51 M-37 s/n 80011547
MVPA #20317