Need advice on Sale of a T-16

From: Andrew L. Criswell (president@triumph.net)
Date: Wed Apr 12 2000 - 18:57:06 PDT

Greetings to all MVers around the planet from Florence, SC, USA!

If you will forgive my lack of correct terminology and jargon in this
letter, and could lend some advice, I'd be most appreciative.

I've owned my 1944 Ford Ordnace Works T-16 APC since I was a freshman in
high school. Admittedly, that was 15 short years ago, but I love this little
guy. I was a motorhead, and ran in a group of friends that were the same. I
came across my carrier at a farm equipment show, and used some money from
savings to buy it. I got the manuals from a fella in Canada, and then my
friends and I went to restoring it. He'd been under cover his whole life,
seemingly, but a power company had removed the top and some side armor.
Power train, transmission, planetary stearing and all was exactly like the
ordnance manuals showed it. The area I spent the most time and money on was
revulcanizing the spoked bogie wheels (5 per side, not including the drive
wheel which has teeth instead of rubber; only 6 total needed reworking) and
we replaced all bearings, seals and races.

Well, these days I'm a consultant for an Internetworking company, and have
to move to and fro. I don't get to see or run my little guy much, so he just
stays in a closed barn out at the family farm. I think this is the same
thing that is referred to as Bren Gun Carrier, though pictures of some of
those only had 4 bogie wheels per side, and others had 5 solid wheels (no
spokes like mine).

I'd like to send my T-16 to someone who enjoys tooling down the highway at
35mph, making the neighbors shake their heads (yup, that's me!). I had some
guys approach me a few years ago about it, because of the perfectly original
powertrain, but I got the feeling they were going to part it out, and
honestly, I thought it was worth more than $6500. Maybe it is, maybe it
isn't, but in getting ready to put in a home loan application, the extra
cash for a down payment would be nice!

Well, enough of the background; does anybody out there know someone who may
want one of these? Is there a better way to advertise (i.e. MV Magazine)? I
can get whatever pictures are necessary, and e-mail them.

Thanks in advance, for any help you all can lend!!!

Sincerely,
Andrew Criswell
president@triumph.net
843-229-0274