Diamond-T M20

From: Auke Dijkstra (auke.dijkstra@wxs.nl)
Date: Fri Apr 14 2000 - 12:54:11 PDT

Hi All,

It seems that there are some guys in the U.K. that have changed the rear
axle
gear ratios in their Diamond-T 980/981 (M20) to make it go about 45 mph.

The original M20's have a top speed of 23 mph ( a bid to slow in
nowadays
traffic, I think). Someone told me that special rear axle differentials
could be
bought for about $3000 in the U.K., that seemed a bid expensive to me.
Is there anyone who knows something more about this?? and is a GM
twin-stroke diesel (Italian Army modification) a good alternative for
the
Hercules DFXE??

Thanks!

Regards,